Skip to main content

We are going to India this summer!  Follow me and my family as we travel to Delhi, Jammu, Jaipur, Agra, Jodhpur, Udaipur, Varanasi and Mumbai.  It's a crazy itinerary planned by me and a wonderful agent in India Trinetra Tours.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elephanta Caves, Mumbai

You know when you watch the news and hear about a ferry boat capsizes in the Arabian Sea? Well today I felt like that could be us! Monsoon rains, dodgy wooden boat, not enough life jackets, kids puking, people praying. Full experience. Well worth it to see the Elephanta Caves! Temples dating back to 200BC carved in stone depicting Lord Shiva. Priceless.

Indian Transportation

Planes, trains, automobiles, rickshaws, e-rickshaws, elephants, camels, boats, trucks...we experienced it all.  Driving through India is like being in a dance with many performers moving through the tiniest of spaces and somehow making it to the end.  Every arrival is like arriving at the end of a rollercoaster ride.  We survived, barely.

4 carry-ons 4 backpacks 4 weeks

Well...this is a first.  We are all taking carry on sized suitcases and one backpack each....that's it.  Even I'm a little stunned that we're doing this.  But after seeing Leela pack everything she needed in a 20" suitcase, I'm pretty sure we will be fine. Our trans-atlantic flight allows for us all to have up to 23kg each so why the small luggage?  Our itinerary within India includes 6 internal flights on small jets which only allow for a maximum of 15kg each.  So, we really can't stuff too much anyways.  Don't worry folks...I'll be buying another suitcase on the way back for all the shopping (John need not worry himself about these things). The most important items; anti-diarrhea medication, gravol, after bite, Deet 30% or more, wet ones anti-bacterial wipes, wipes, water tablets/water filtration mug, sunscreen, anti-histamines and asthma medication.  It may sound like over kill...but just remember I'm travelling with the worlds greatest...